Ahoy Self Storage
Ahoy Self Storage offers an owner operated, state of the art facility located in Windsor, CT. We are committed to offering the highest level of customer service while still being able to provide the best value for our customers.
We make storage a breeze!
Pay only for the space you need for as long as you need it. We offer month-to-month leases at affordable rates on various sizes. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Card to make payment simple.
We have all the supplies you’ll need to make your moving day easier. You are the only one with the key to your storage unit. Each customer has their own unique gate access code. Our facility is surrounded by perimeter fencing with camera surveillance. We offer a clean, well-lit facility.
Choose a unit size that’s right for you. We offer multiple sizes; so, as your storage needs change, we can help. We offer from a 5 x 10 up to a 10 x 30. If you’re not sure what size you need, any of our staff will be happy to assist you.
We are committed to being the best we can be and we will try and make your storage experience a pleasant one.
|SELF STORAGE TIPS:|
|• Maximize space by using your cubic footage. Our units have 8-foot ceilings, so you can stack boxes.
• Put items you may want to get to near the front of the unit. Put your valuables near the rear of the unit. If possible, leave a center aisle so you have easy access to the full length of the unit. Place breakables away from the aisle.
• Disassemble furniture when possible. Cover all furniture.
• Clean your appliances before storing them. Make sure to leave refrigerator and freezer doors slightly ajar. Don’t forget, there’s a lot of room inside of your appliances for storage also.
• Wardrobe boxes are the best for clothing, they keep it neat and clean and shoes can easily be stored at the bottom of them.
• To avoid possible rust on bicycles and tools, wipe some oil on them before packing. If the items aren’t wrapped, make sure not to allow them to touch any furniture that the oil may damage.
• Make sure to drain the fuel completely from any equipment being stored.
• Make sure to label all of your boxes, in case you need to find an item.
• For heavy items like books, use smaller boxes. It’ll be easier on your back and you won’t have to worry about the bottom of the box breaking out.
• For pictures, mirrors, glass and artwork, use mirror boxes and wrap in bubble wrap. Put tape across the mirrors like an “X” to keep pieces in place, in case they break.
*5x10, 10x10, 10x15, 10x20,10x30 = Self Storage Units
*10x40, 12x24, 12x30, 12x40 = Outdoor Parking